David Benioff and D.B. Weiss won’t be visiting a galaxy far, far, away. The creators of HBO’s hit show, Game of Thrones, have decided to exit Lucasfilm’s new Star Wars trilogy, which was rumored to take place during the Old Republic era. Last Jedi director Rian Johnson has a trilogy in the works as well, but the fate of that remains unclear.
“We love Star Wars,” the pair said in a statement to Deadline. “When George Lucas built it, he built us too. Getting to talk about Star Wars with him and the current Star Wars team was the thrill of a lifetime, and we will always be indebted to the saga that changed everything.”
- Corsair Launches New Vengeance RGB PRO SL Memory
- Christopher Nolan Reportedly Cutting Ties with Warner Bros. over HBO Max Drama
- Capcom Announces Resident Evil Re:Verse, a Cel-Shaded Online Multiplayer Game
- Resident Evil Village Launching May 7 on Steam, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Last-Gen Consoles
- NVIDIA Appears to Have Dropped Its Max-P and Max-Q Branding for GeForce RTX 30 Series Mobile GPUs