Many PC builders and enthusiasts scoff and ridicule the idea of buying a pre-built rig. Who hasn’t read thru comments of a review to find many saying how they could do it cheaper or better? What about those first timers just wanting to get their foot in the door on their own? A pre-built rig can offer them options with, sometimes, minimal headache and, sometimes, at a price comparable to building themselves.
TechPowerUp reviewed one of iBUYPOWER’s latest offerings, the RDY L20IRG201. Yes, another model name most people won’t remember. The company, though, has been around since 1999 and has earned a reputation as a solid builder of systems over the years. You can find them in both physical stores and many, many, online retailers.
This latest model is a good contender to get someone going for a nice gaming experience at either 1440p 60 fps or 1080p 100+ fps. At $1799 it’s a little on the pricier side but does come with some nice off the shelf parts and upgradability options down the road.
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Processor (12x 3.8GHZ/64MB L3 Cache)
- iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System – Black
- 16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB – White
- 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD
- MSI VENTUS GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER – 8GB GDDR6
- 650 Watt – HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold
- ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING Motherboard w/WiFi
- Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB Case
This package also enables you to take advantage of two game bundles currently. With the GPU you get Call of Duty:Modern Warfare and with the CPU you get Borderlands 3 and The Outer Worlds. Between the parts and the games this makes for a nice way to start a gaming rig. I recommend taking a trip over to TPU to read their very positive review. Mostly checked off in all the right boxes with only a few negatives.