AMD has announced its flagship 16-core consumer desktop processor, the Ryzen 9 3950X. This is a 16C/32T chip with a 4.7 GHz boost frequency and 3.5 GHz base frequency. Total cache is 72 MB, and TDP is 105 W. Forty-four (36 usable) PCIe 4.0 lanes are offered. It’ll be available on November 25, 2019 for $749.
Offering up to 22% performance increase over previous generations5, the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X offers faster 1080p gaming in select titles1 and content creation6 than the competition. Built on the industry-leading “Zen 2” architecture, the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X also excels in power efficiency3 with a TDP7 of 105W.
AMD has also introduced a new 3.5 GHz 2C/4T Athlon chip with 35 W TDP, the 3000G. Featuring Radeon Vega 3 graphics, this part will be available on November 19, 2019 for $49.
- TEAMGROUP Announces T-FORCE and T-CREATE Product Launch Event for September
- GIGABYTE Lists GeForce RTX 3090 with Blower Design
- Cyberpunk 2077 PC System Requirements Revealed
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Only 19 Percent Faster than RTX 3080, According to Leaked 3DMark Scores
- PlayStation Boss Calls Xbox Series S “Problematic”