AMD has announced the world’s most powerful desktop processors: 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper. Starting the core-happy party off are two SKUs, the 3960X and 3970X.
The Ryzen Threadripper 3960X is a 24C/48T processor with a boost frequency of 4.5 GHz and base frequency of 3.8 GHz. The total cache is 140 MB, and TDP is 280 W. It offers 88 PCIe 3.0 lanes (72 usable). The price is $1,399.
The Ryzen Threadripper 3970X is a 32C/64T processor with a boost frequency of 4.5 GHz and base frequency of 3.7 GHz. Its total cache, TDP, and usable PCIe 4.0 lanes is the same as the 3960X. The price is $1,999.
Both processors will be available on November 25, 2019.
In tandem with the launch of the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors, AMD unveiled a brand new Socket sTRX4, optimized for near- and long-term scalability of the Ryzen Threadripper platform. Offering 4X more bandwidth to the chipset compared to 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper, and up to 2.5X more available bandwidth than the competition for simultaneous peripherals like SSDs or GPUs2, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper offers the ultimate HEDT platform without compromise.
- TEAMGROUP Announces T-FORCE and T-CREATE Product Launch Event for September
- GIGABYTE Lists GeForce RTX 3090 with Blower Design
- Cyberpunk 2077 PC System Requirements Revealed
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Only 19 Percent Faster than RTX 3080, According to Leaked 3DMark Scores
- PlayStation Boss Calls Xbox Series S “Problematic”