It may not be long until Radeon owners get the holy grail of scaling for pixel-art games. While Intel and NVIDIA have already beaten it to the punch, activity in recent linux driver patches suggest that AMD will be adding integer scaling support to its Adrenalin drivers very soon. This type of scaling is ideal for retaining the sharpness in 2D games because it simply multiplies pixels by a whole number.
If you check out the most recent AMD Adrenalin feedback page, you can see that GPU-based integer scaling is the most-requested feature, with nearly half of all the votes cast. AMD is obviously listening because if you check back through October’s Linux driver patches (via @0x22h) there are multiple instances of patches going into the drivers referencing integer scaling.
- Power Supplies to Get More Expensive? Cost of 80 Plus Certification Reportedly Triples
- Android App Support May Be Coming to Windows 10 Next Year
- It’s Official: AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series Is a Paper Launch
- PowerColor Announces Red Devil and Red Dragon AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series Graphics Cards
- Leaked Crytek Documents Confirm Crysis 2 Remastered and Cost of Denuvo DRM