AMD has released a new Radeon driver that adds support for its latest mobile GPU, the Radeon RX 5300M, which launched in November alongside Apple’s MacBook Pro 16. It also fixes two issues with the RX 5700: stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings, and intermittent crashes to the desktop when playing Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds. Unfortunately, this driver does not appear to include any performance optimizations for this week’s major game releases (e.g., Halo: Reach, Phoenix Point).
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience loss of display or video signal during gameplay.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.
- Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
- Invoking Radeon Overlay may cause games to lose focus or become minimized when HDR is enabled within Windows®.