The Snapdragon Technology Summit is happening this week. Neowin has been covering many details of the event and among them are the specifications for the newest Snapdragon 865 5G mobile platform. Even as a desktop user I find some of these specs impressive to say the least.
- X55 5G Modem supporting upto 7.5Gbps download speeds
- Octa-core Kyro 585 CPU clocked up to 2.84 Ghz
- 64 Bit Architecture
- Adreno 650 GPU supporting OpenCL™ 2.0 FP, OpenGL® ES 3.2, Vulkan® 1.1, DX12
- A couple of 1st’s: Able to record either 8k/30fps or 4k w/ Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, HEVC
- HD 960 fps
- Ability to upgrade GPU drivers thru the Play Store
- Bluetooth 5.1
- USB 3.1 USB-C
- 4k 60hz or 1440p/144hz
- Up to 10-bit color depth and a Rec2020 color gamut
- Memory is 4x16bit LPDDR5 at 2750Mhz
Don’t know about you but even a desktop with specs like this wouldn’t be so bad so having it in the palm of your hand is pretty exciting.