We’re close to finding out how Amazon’s gaming studio stacks up against Blizzard, Square Enix, ZeniMax Online, and other MMO heavyweights. Amazon Games Studios has announced that it is releasing New World, an open-world MMO set in the 17th century’s Age of Exploration, on May 2020. Those who pre-ordered New World early are getting it at no cost, as it was originally intended to be a free-to-play title (Amazon has decided to charge $40 now).
“New World is an open world MMO, set in the Age of Exploration. It’s the 17th century, and it takes place on the island of Aeternum, a supernatural island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean,” Lane said. “It features action-RPG combat with massive siege battles and a rich crafting system and character progression. We have solo and player-versus-player experiences.”
- TEAMGROUP Announces T-FORCE and T-CREATE Product Launch Event for September
- GIGABYTE Lists GeForce RTX 3090 with Blower Design
- Cyberpunk 2077 PC System Requirements Revealed
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Only 19 Percent Faster than RTX 3080, According to Leaked 3DMark Scores
- PlayStation Boss Calls Xbox Series S “Problematic”