It appears that the folks over at Arcade 1Up who have been responsible for the proliferation of miniature arcade cabinets destined for your game rooms, basements and other significant other un-approved corners of the house are inching closer to making a deal to sell NBA Jam arcade consoles at your local big-box store. We took the regular sized cabinet for a spin and it felt true to the original that we remember playing and had room for four small players. There was a tiny placard affixed to each NBA Jam unit saying that licensing had not yet been secured but with the number of units there we don’t see why it wouldn’t be.
We also checked out the other offerings that they brought that are already on the market including the 4 player Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mortal Kombat I/II/Ultimate, Star Wars, Final Fight Combo Unit, and a 12-in-1 cocktail table unit with a split screen featuring Street Fighter II and others.
Disclosure: The links to the consoles above are affiliate links and if you chose to buy one after clicking it, we’ll potentially get a cut.
- GALAX Slide Lists GeForce RTX 3080 with 20 GB Memory
- Microsoft Is Thinking About Buying Even More Game Studios
- LG Promises CX/C9 OLED Firmware Fix for GeForce RTX 3080 Display Issues
- GALAX Made a LEGO-Inspired GeForce RTX 3090 with Nintendo Switch Colors
- Samsung Officially Announces 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSDs