505 Games and Kojima Productions have announced that Death Stranding will be released on Steam and the Epic Games Store on June 2, 2020. PlayStation gamers have had the privilege of enjoying Hideo Kojima’s latest masterpiece since November, but PC players can finally get in on the fun this summer.
Kojima Productions’ #DeathStranding launches on Steam & Epic Games Store on June 2, 2020.— 505 Games (@505_Games) March 2, 2020
The PC edition features Photo Mode, high frame rate, ultra-wide monitor support & content from Valve’s Half-Life!
Pre-purchase for in-game items & HD wallpapers: https://t.co/0Za43eMigd pic.twitter.com/0nyJIypwXR
The PC version will come with plenty of exclusive features, such as support for ultra-wide monitors and higher frame rates. The latter would imply that Death Stranding should look and play much better on the PC. There’s also a Photo Mode that presumably lets players take screen shots of the game’s gorgeous scenery and cinematics.
What’s really interesting is that Death Stranding is crossing over with one of Valve’s most iconic franchises. A new trailer shows Sam Bridges – the protagonist of the game, played by Norman Reedus – wearing Half-Life-themed gear such as a Headcrab hat. He can even be spotted with a red valve on the back of his head.
There’s also quite a bit of extra content for those who pre-purchase the game.
- DEATH STRANDING HD wallpapers
- Chiral gold and omnireflector SAM sunglasses
- Chiral gold and omnireflector cap
- Gold and silver speed skeleton
- Gold and silver armour plate
Anyone who buys Death Stranding on PC will also get the following, regardless of whether they pre-ordered or not.
- Selections from ‘The Art of DEATH STRANDING’ digital art book (by Titan Books)
- DEATH STRANDING Original Score Expanded Edition by Ludvig Forsell (including 10 unreleased tracks)
- Chiral gold and omnireflector Ludens Mask sunglasses
- Gold and silver power skeleton
- Gold and silver all-terrain skeleton
- Gold and silver armour plate (LV2)
Death Stranding can be purchased right now at the Steam and Epic Games Store. 505 Games is also celebrating the launch of the PC version’s website with animated mobile wallpapers and ringtones, which can be downloaded for free.