MSI has just announced its latest X570-based Wi-Fi motherboard the MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI. The latest offering succeeds its MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi motherboard. This time around, it appears it has made a number of improvements with a keen eye on overclocking. The previous MPG X570 model had been noted in some reviews with higher-than-expected temperatures with the VRMs. Higher than expected could be putting it mildly, as one reviewer likened it to volcanic level heat. Well, meet the new kid on the block that looks like it is ready to overclock.
- CPU Support: Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics Desktop Processors
- CPU Socket: AM4
- Memory: Dual Channel DDR4 up to 128 GB 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466/ 3600/ 3733/ 3866/ 4000/ 4133/ 4266/ 4400/ 4533/ 4600+ Mhz by A-XMP OC MODE
- DIMM Slots: 4
- PCIe slots: 2 x PCIe 4.0 x 16, 2 x PCIe x 1
- SATA III: 6 ports
- M.2 Slots: 2 x Lightning Gen 4 M.2 Shield Frozr up to 64 GB/s
- LAN: 2.5G
- Wi-Fi: WiFi 6
- USB 3.2 Front: 1(Gen 2, Type C), 4(Gen 1, Type A)
- USB 3.2 Rear: 3(Gen 2, Type A), 1(Gen 1 Type C), 2(Gen 2, Type A)
- Audio: 5+ Optical S/PDIF (Realtek® ALC1200 Codec)
- Form Factor: ATX
From MSI, “Return to Honor”
Military totem style coupled with a rugged and powerful heat dissipation design, the MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI successfully subverts all other key players in the mainstream market. The 12X60A SPS Power Stages design, can stably supply the performance needs of multi-core CPUs, supports up to AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X 16 cores processors.
Coupled with MSI’s exclusive heat dissipation technology, Extended Heatsink design, MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI can maintain a stable processing frequency under severe conditions with high loads. The exclusive Frozr Heatsink design has Zero Frozr Technology that stops the fan when the temperature of the chip is at low power, reducing the generated system fan.
Lastly, with the graphics card’s excellent placement, the chip set will always have a good air flow. First introduced 2.5G LAN and the latest Wi-Fi 6 solution ensure high-bandwidth and low-latency for gamers and incredible data transfer speed faster than ever before. PCIe 4.0 technology is a must, including 2x Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with 2x M.2 Shield Frozr to support up to 64 GB/s bandwidth and faster transfer speed.
As stated, this board seems poised to replace the MPG Gaming Wi-Fi motherboard. MSI had stated at CES 2020 a price point of around $189. This too would match the previous MPG’s placement in the $200 market segment.