Motherboards featuring Intel’s latest Z490 chipset continue to roll out. Since their announcement a few weeks ago, a number of enthusiast boards have been released. This time around, ASUS has one squarely aimed at content creation. Stocked with a multitude of the fastest ports available, it is ready to network with a number of modern devices. It even includes centralized software to help with the workflow. Meet the ASUS ProArt Z490-Creator 10G.
ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR 10G offers simple and flexible tools that enhance almost every aspect of your content-creation system, giving you the fast, intuitive control needed for an efficient workflow. It features dynamic automated tuning with AI overclocking and AI cooling, in addition to CreationFirst software, which prioritizes and optimizes your network traffic for faster, lag-free online work.
- CPU: Intel® Socket 1200 for 10th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors , Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU, Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Memory: 4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 4800(O.C.)/ 4600(O.C)/ 4500(O.C)/ 4400(O.C)/ 4266(O.C.)/ 4133(O.C.)/ 4000(O.C.)/ 3866(O.C.)/ 3733(O.C.)/ 3600(O.C.)/ 3466(O.C.)/ 3400(O.C.)/ 3333(O.C.)/ 3300(O.C.)/ 3200(O.C.)/ 3000(O.C.)/ 2933(O.C.)/ 2800(O.C.)/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 MHz Non ECC, Un-buffered Memory, Dual Channel Memory Architecture, Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP), OptiMem II
- Thunderbolt: 2 x Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 ports(TypeC™) support DisplayPort and Thunderbolt™ video outputs, Supports DisplayPort 1.4/ with max. resolution 7680/ x 3840/@ 60 Hz, Data transfer rate up to 40 Gbps, Daisy-chain up to 12 Thunderbolt devices, Up to 5V/3A, 15W charging support
- USB: Rear USB Port ( Total 6 ), 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s)(4 x Type-A), 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)(2 x Type-A), Front USB Port ( Total 7 ), 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)(1 x USB Type-C®), 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)(2 x Type-A), 4 x USB 2.0 port(s)
- Multi-GPU Support: Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
- Expansion Slots: Intel® 10th Gen Processors-2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) , Intel® Z490 Chipset-1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 mode),2 x PCIe 3.0 x1
- Storage: Total supports 2 x M.2 slots and 4 x SATA 6Gb/s ports. Intel® Z490 Chipset : 1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode), 1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode), 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology supports, Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- LAN: Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet, 1 x HYPER 10G LAN CARD
This motherboard also includes something of a rarity. A 10G LAN card comes with to help ensure the fastest network connectivity possible. Power needs are covered via 12+2 DrMOS power stages. At $299 it comes at a price that won’t break the bank leaving you to focus your budget on other items.