As an incentive for using its new Galaxy 2.0 games launcher, GOG is offering a free copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to anyone who already owns the critically acclaimed RPG on either PC or console. Normally, a second copy would be pretty pointless, but this is GOG we’re talking about, which means no DRM – you’ll always have a playable copy of CD PROJEKT RED’s hit game, one that truly belongs to you.
“Starting from today, if you connect the platform where you own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with GOG GALAXY 2.0 (we recommend versions 22.214.171.124 for Windows and 126.96.36.199 for macOS), you will receive a GOG.COM copy for free,” explained GOG. “The game will show up in your games library inside the application. GOG GALAXY 2.0 will also import the game progress you’ve already made in The Witcher 3, like achievements and game time.”
For additional information regarding this offer, please refer to GOG’s official FAQ page. Here are some of the highlights, courtesy of GG.deals:
- If you bought the base game on a qualifying platform, you can claim the base game on GOG
- If you bought the GOTY version on a qualifying platform, you can claim the GOTY version on GOG
- If you bought the base game and add-ons separately, you will only receive the base game on GOG.
- Owners of the Switch edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition won’t be eligible to benefit from this giveaway (since there is no Switch integration on GOG Galaxy 2.0)
- If you already have The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in your GOG.COM library, you can still take advantage of this offer and receive a giftable code of the game (either The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition depending on the version you own) valid for a week.