The new B550 chipset motherboards offer enthusiasts a more affordable path to premium features on the AM4 platform. Perhaps you are intending to upgrade to a Ryzen 3000XT processor. Maybe you’re already searching for a discount on the current line. It could also be as simple as an upgrade from a current board. In any case, these motherboards provide a more value-based approach than the flagship X570 tier.
Pre-orders went up for the B550 line last week. We provided an in-depth list of all of the major brands, along with links. Among them, GIGABYTE’s AORUS line had four models available. GIGABYTE has officially announced its availability through Newegg. They are not on Amazon yet, but they will be coming soon. The biggest downside to this announcement is how many have already sold out. As of this morning, June 17th, all but one are already sold out. Only the premium $279 B550 AORUS MASTER remains in inventory.
The wait is over! All new B550 motherboards are available now!— AORUS (@AorusOfficial) June 16, 2020
.#AORUS #GIGABYTE #RiseUp #AMD #B550 #AOURSB550 #GIGABYTEB550 #Motherboard #PCGaming pic.twitter.com/bF89fYbwQU
Features common to the AORUS line
- Improved VRM design with direct, digital, and multiple phases. Improved cooling via fins-array heatsink and direct-touch heat pipes.
- Upgraded XMP Support with profiles up to 5400 MHz or higher. In order to protect against signal interference, a new daisy-chain layout combined with shielded memory routing under the PCBs has been used.
- Updated connectivity is now possible with the latest standards. They now feature Wi-Fi 6, 2.5 GbE LAN, and rear USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C for the fastest means of communication.
- PCIe 4.0 is still in its infancy, but users can enjoy its speeds with M.2 storage. Thermal guards are provided to prevent potential throttling.
- The B550 series is stated as being compatible with the current Ryzen 3000 series processors along with the next-gen Ryzen.
- The AORUS line offers a number of upgrades from the standard GIGABYTE line. They have improved power phases, thermal protection, and added connectivity.