If Apple decided to quit the hardware and software industries one day and take up underwater basket weaving, would Samsung follow? Possibly, since the Korean company seems adamant on copying anything the fruit giant does. Case in point: following reports of Apple ditching free chargers with new phones/tablets, Korean publication ETNews claims that Samsung is thinking of doing the same.
“Samsung Electronics is discussing with its partners about a plan that will exclude chargers from a list of components of smartphones,” said multiple representatives from the industry.
“…it is heard that Samsung Electronics is discussing about a plan that will exclude chargers from a list of components of smartphones because it believes that chargers are supplied sufficiently as it has been more than ten years since the first smartphone was released,” ETNews added. “The industry also believes that Samsung Electronics is looking into this plan as it looks to reduce its production cost in order to offset smartphone prices that are soaring as time goes by due to additional features such as 5G network.”
- Solid Gear Neutron 550W Power Supply Review-Done
- Cyberpunk 2077 Street Date Broken by Best Buy
- AMD President and CEO Lisa Su to Provide Keynote at CES 2021 on January 12
- ASUS Announces GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Graphics Cards (ROG Strix, TUF Gaming, and More)
- Discovery Launching Streaming Service on January 4