We’ve heard a lot of rumors about an Anakin Skywalker cameo in Disney and Lucasfilm’s upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series, but the chosen one may actually have more screen time than fans might expect. According to LRM’s sources, Hayden Christensen has not only signed on to appear in the show, but his role will be a substantial one.
“Our source shared with me that the deal is done and Hayden Christensen will be coming back to the Star Wars franchise!,” wrote LRM. “The hope was to have the deal done and announce it for Star Wars Celebration. With Star Wars Celebration on hiatus until 2022 this news will be announced at a later date closer to the beginning of filming.”
The implication is that we’ll be seeing a lot of flashback sequences that involve Anakin Skywalker. As you might remember, Anakin was dismembered, burnt to a crisp, and left for dead by his old buddy Obi-Wan, so it wouldn’t make much sense for him to appear as his normal, Jedi self, would it?
“While the overall consensus is that we would see Anakin in some sort of dream sequence that Obi-Wan would have we could also see Anakin in Kenobi’s trials to learn how to become a Force Ghost,” LRM surmises.
- Resizable BAR Improves Minimum Frame Rate by Stunning Amount in AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Benchmark
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will Be Unlocked for PC Players in the US on December 9
- AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Falls Short of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080|3090 In Geekbench OpenCL Test
- BioWare Loses Studio GM Casey Hudson (Mass Effect) and Executive Producer Mark Darrah (Dragon Age)
- Warner Bros. Releasing Entire 2021 Film Slate (Dune, Matrix 4, and More) Straight to HBO Max