Cue the Marvel fanfare. According to one of Guru of 3D’s sources, Intel is prepping Avengers-branded editions of its unlocked 10th Gen Core processors (i.e., the i9-10900KA, i9-109850KA, i7-10700KA, and i5-10600KA). Rumors of these “KA” variants had actually surfaced last month, but would any of you have guessed that the “A” was in reference to Marvel’s all-star superhero team?
“The KA editions are a Special promo edition of K cpu’s for the Marvel’s Avengers game launch in September,” wrote Hagedoorn. “The A would stand for Avengers. Packaging of a possible KA CPU has surfaced at a Vietnamese webshop, where it is listed as ‘Intel Core i9-10900K Avengers Edition’. Although the chip is not called ‘10900KA’, it is probably simply written the same name. It just has 10 cores, 20 threads, a base clock speed of 3.7 GHz, and a boost clock on one core of 5.3 GHz, exactly what we know from the Core i9 10900K.”
With the specifications being identical, we’re assuming that this is just a quick way for Intel to get Marvel fans’ hard-earned money. The “KA” variants will ship in what appears to be a nicely illustrated box featuring Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and other staples.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Specifications Confirmed: 4,864 CUDA Cores, 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM
- NVIDIA’s New GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU (RTX 3070 Ti?) Is Reportedly a 320-Watt Response to AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XL
- Viking City Builder Is the First RTS with Ray Tracing and DLSS 2.0
- CORSAIR 4000D Tempered Glass Case Review
- VR Nirvana: Samsung and Stanford Create 10,000-PPI OLED Display