Considering what we’ve read so far regarding Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s ridiculous file sizes, can things get any worse? Yes, yes they can – embarrassingly so, in fact. Developer Infinity Ward has released a new patch to fix an ugly graphics bug (weapon model corruption) that measures in at a ridiculous 66 GB.
What’s interesting is that only Xbox One players have been made to suffer. This is due to an “unforeseen bug” with Microsoft’s patch delivery process, which requires users to redownload files they already have. The PS4 and PC patches only weigh in at 1.2 GB and .88 GB/1.83 GB, respectively.
PC: 0.88GB (F2P only) and 1.83GB (MW/MW owners)
Xbox One: 66.3GB (due to an unforeseen bug with the Microsoft patch delivery process, this download requires Xbox users to redownload files they already have, but it does NOT impact the overall install size. We’re working closely with Microsoft to ensure future updates are smaller in size.)
Here are the file sizes Xbox One players can expect to see after downloading today’s update:
Warzone Only: 99.5GB
Full Game (WZ/MW): (up to) 183GB
If you’re looking to free up hard drive space on your console, you have the option to delete content you may no longer wish to use in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Click HERE to see how to manage and delete content.
Here’s the rest of the patch notes:
- Fix for weapon models (sights and weapons picked up) corrupting on screen
- Fix for an error that could occur when selecting “Play Again” option in Warzone
- Fixed a bug where players could use the rope ascender through a closed door in Downtown
- Fixed an issue where the world model of the Common AUG was appearing invisible in Warzone
- The increased map counts in our playlists caused some maps to not appear in playlist rotations. To help them appear more regularly, we’re removing the following maps from each mode listed below:
- Headquarters – Removing Arklov Peak and Shipment
- Kill Confirmed -Removing Aniyah Incursion
- Cyber Attack – Removing Aniyah Incursion
- Hardpoint – Removing Piccadilly and Aniyah Incursion
- Search and Destroy – Removing Rust
- id Software Working on New VR Game
- AMD Navi 31 GPUs (Radeon RX 7900 XT?) Could Boast Multi-Chip-Module Design with 10,240 Cores and Much Improved Ray Tracing
- No Time to Die, A Quiet Place Part II, and Other Blockbusters Receive New Release Dates
- System Shock Remake Pre-Orders and Final Demo Coming Next Month
- Tencent Buys Majority Stake in Don’t Starve Developer Klei Entertainment