NVIDIA has shared a new video that compares the performance between the GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 2080 Ti using id Software’s latest DOOM game, DOOM Eternal. As you might expect, green team’s new “flagship” (we’re still having a hard time processing that due to the existence of the GeForce RTX 3090) runs the game like a walk in the park and exceeds the previous halo product by leaps and bounds.
Under the Ultra Nightmare preset at 4K resolution, the GeForce RTX 3080 appears to average around 110 to 130 FPS, hitting brief peaks of 170 to 180 FPS. The GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, on the other hand, struggles to reach or maintain 100 FPS in the majority of comparisons.
This is pretty cool, since you’re getting significantly better performance than last year’s flagship ($1199/$999) for $500 to $300 less. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 will be released on September 17 for $699. Check out the video below.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition Review
- NVIDIA Isn’t Getting Rid of the GeForce RTX 3070’s 12-Pin Power Connector
- GIGABYTE Unlocks AMD Smart Access Memory on 500 Series Motherboards, Improving Radeon Gaming Performance by Up to 17 Percent
- ASRock Announces Taichi Razer Edition AMD X570 and B550 Motherboards
- Some PlayStation 5 Consoles Have a Different, Louder Cooling Fan