GIGABYTE is prepping four flagship AORUS GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards: the AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME 24G, AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME 10G, AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 MASTER 24G, and AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 MASTER 10G. Evidence is mounting that some of these may actually be four-slot GPUs.
According to Tom’s Hardware, GIGABYTE representatives have claimed that their AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 models could take up four slots. That’s because the cards will boast massive heat sinks. Previously leaked images of the GPUs’ side profile also lend credence to the theory that these will be thick, beefy monsters.
“Most noticeably, these cards will feature massive heatsinks, so much so that Aorus reps mentioned the 3090 SKUs could be quad-slot cards,” Tom’s Hardware wrote. “If true, the Aorus RTX 3090s will be the thickest graphics cards in history.”
While we’ve seen three- and four-slot graphics cards before, these are atypical sizes, so prospective GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 30 Series owners should definitely take note of how big these cards may be. GIGABYTE will be sharing more information on its cards soon, but for now, you can check out a new first-look video, which was posted earlier this week.
- DRAM Prices Expected to Increase Due to Power Outage at Micron Plant
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition DC Is Currently Free for All GOG Galaxy Users
- Sabrent to Launch Massive 16 TB SSD for Consumers
- AMD Reportedly Working on ARM-Based Processor to Compete with Apple’s M1
- AMD Smart Access Memory May Only Work on Zen 3 CPUs