VideoCardz has shared a peek at how well the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 does with mining cryptocurrency – more specifically, Ethereum. Green team’s new flagship graphics card manages to achieve hash rates of around 80 mega hashes (MH/s) at stock, but when overclocked, it can hit hash rates as high as 89 MH/s.
On the surface, this appears to be quite a bit better than what the AMD Radeon RX 5700 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti can dish out. These cards only offer around 50 to 54 MH/s on the DaggerHashimoto algorithm.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 also seems to measure up with one of the biggest champions of the Ethereum mining world, the AMD Radeon VII. According to a post on r/EtherMining, red team’s first 7 nm GPU can hit hash rates of up to 95 MH/s when overclocked.
It remains to be seen how popular the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 will be in mining circles, however. The flagship graphics card isn’t exactly cheap, nor efficient.
- AMD Releases New Ryzen Chipset Drivers (184.108.40.2068)
- Early NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Stock Numbers Seem Depressing
- New Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 Starts at Only $25
- XFX Radeon RX 5500 XT THICC II Pro 4GB Review
- Watch Dogs: Legion Will Run at 4K/30 FPS with Ray Tracing on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X