NZXT has introduced a beautiful new motherboard called the N7 Z490 for Intel devotees who are sick of the over-designed gamer aesthetic. While the N7 bears no relation to Mass Effect’s elite military vocational code, it does boast an extremely clean design that can be outfitted with white or matte-black covers.
Manufactured in collaboration with ASRock, NZXT’s N7 Z490 motherboard supports Intel’s 10th Gen Core processors and simplifies the build process with a streamlined layout and integrated rear I/O. It also comes with built-in digital RGB and fan controls, as well as newer wireless connectivity options such as Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1.
Additional features include two M.2 connectors and multi-GPU support with AMD CrossFireX Technology. The N7 Z490 is available to purchase now at NZXT.com for $229.99.
Original Press Release
NZXT, a leading designer of computer hardware, software, and services for the PC gaming community, today announces the NZXT N7 Z490, its newest motherboard specially designed around Intel’s 10th generation Z490 chipset.
The NZXT N7 Z490 ATX motherboard focuses on providing builders with the tools to get the most out of their gaming PCs. Starting from the building process, the board layout of the N7 Z490 places the ports in an optimal location for an easy building experience.
When the build is completed, users can use NZXT CAM to easily tune their system by setting their fan curves and RGB lighting. Each board was manufactured in collaboration with ASRock, ensuring that each motherboard takes advantage of Intel’s Z490 chipset and strong BIOS support. The N7 Z490 has WiFi 6 and Bluetooth V5.1 built-in so users have the newest wireless connectivity standard. Finally, the metal cover enhances the aesthetics of each build and seamlessly blends into the background of an NZXT H series case.
“The NZXT N7 has always been about giving builders what they need,” says Johnny Hou, NZXT’s founder and CEO. “By providing a motherboard with a simple layout, packed with the latest wireless technology, and a metal cover, it gives users the ability to create a powerful machine for gaming.”
N7 Z490 Features
- Designed with Intel® Z490 Express Chipset
- Compatible with Intel® 10th Generation Core™ i9, Core™ i7, Core™ i5, and Core™ i3 processors
- 8+2 DrMOS Power Phase Design
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 wireless connectivity and Bluetooth V5.1
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- Two M.2 connectors for storage devices
- Multi-GPU support with AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
- Supports memory overclocking speeds of up to 4266 MHz and Intel® XMP 2.0
- 8-channel high-definition audio
The N7 Z490 includes key features from our RGB and Fan Controller, allowing intuitive control of four RGB lighting channels and seven fan channels through CAM. Lighting accessories from all manufacturers are supported.
The metal cover is available in white or black for a seamless look that blends into the background of any NZXT H Series case for a clean aesthetic.
BUILDING MADE EASIER
The N7 Z490 includes WiFi 6 connectivity and utilizes all PCI express lanes available from the CPU and chipset. The N7’s layout streamlines installation with an integrated rear I/O shield and optimally placed headers for easier setup.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition Review
- NVIDIA Isn’t Getting Rid of the GeForce RTX 3070’s 12-Pin Power Connector
- GIGABYTE Unlocks AMD Smart Access Memory on 500 Series Motherboards, Improving Radeon Gaming Performance by Up to 17 Percent
- ASRock Announces Taichi Razer Edition AMD X570 and B550 Motherboards
- Some PlayStation 5 Consoles Have a Different, Louder Cooling Fan