We’ve always thought that Tom Holland was a strange choice for Nathan Drake, but now, a production still from Sony’s live-action Uncharted film has proven it.
Holland shared a photo of himself as the legendary, wise-cracking treasure hunter on Instagram this morning, but aside from the threads (which are clearly inspired from Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, minus the half-tuck), he looks nothing like the character.
To be fair, the Uncharted movie is a prequel that traces the origins of Nathan Drake, so the younger casting makes plenty of sense. Seeing a grizzled, venerable character turned into a boy is incredibly jarring, though. And considering the amount of story and lore that the writers had to work with (remember, there are four Uncharted games), why was a prequel even considered in the first place?
What’s even funnier is that Mark Wahlberg is playing Sully. The impression we’re getting is that Sony doesn’t actually have faith in the Uncharted franchise and is hinging everything on star power.
While Nolan North (Nathan Drake’s voice actor) has pledged his support for Tom Holland, we would have liked to see an Uncharted movie with Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Castle) instead. Fans have wanted Fillion to play Drake for years – in fact, the idea was so popular that it led to a live-action Uncharted fan film starring the actor. Check it out below and let us know what you think.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition Review
- NVIDIA Isn’t Getting Rid of the GeForce RTX 3070’s 12-Pin Power Connector
- GIGABYTE Unlocks AMD Smart Access Memory on 500 Series Motherboards, Improving Radeon Gaming Performance by Up to 17 Percent
- ASRock Announces Taichi Razer Edition AMD X570 and B550 Motherboards
- Some PlayStation 5 Consoles Have a Different, Louder Cooling Fan