Get to da choppa—again. Deadline has learned that 20th Century Studios has hired 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg to helm a fifth Predator movie. Plot details are unknown, but it won’t have anything to do with the abomination that came out in 2018.
“20th Century Studios has engaged 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg to direct the fifth installment in the Predator series,” Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr. reported. “The script is being written by Patrick Aison, whose producer-writer credits include the series Kingdom, Jack Ryan and Treadstone.”
“They are keeping the plot line under wraps for the moment, but I’m told it won’t swing back to the developments in the most recent film.”
Seeing as how the franchise might be running out of ideas (the 2018 film featured not only alien dogs and yo momma jokes, but the implication that autism was the next step in human evolution), we have a hunch that Predator 5 might be some sort of quasi-reboot.
Maybe Arnold will finally agree to a cameo this time?
- EVGA Introduces GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Graphics Cards (FTW3, XC)
- Wonder Woman 1984 Will Be the First HBO Max Feature to Be Streamed in 4K HDR
- MSI Announces NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Graphics Cards (GAMING X TRIO, VENTUS, and More)
- ASUS Enables Resizable BAR Support on Z490 Motherboards, Bringing AMD’s Smart Access Memory Benefits to an Intel Platform
- DOOM Eternal Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC on December 3