Deadpool’s cinematic fate was put into question by the recent Fox/Disney merger, but fans of the wise-cracking mercenary can probably relax. According to an exclusive from Deadline, writers have just been hired to pen Deadpool 3, which would imply that the studios are serious about producing a third installment.
“Sources tell Deadline that Bob’s Burgers veterans Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin will write Deadpool 3, with Ryan Reynolds set to reprise his role as the wise-cracking Marvel superhero,” the website reported. […] “The film remains in early development, but the hiring of the Molyneux sisters does mark the first major step in getting the next Deadpool film into production.”
While the plot is anyone’s guess, we’re expecting Deadpool 3 to be tonally consistent with Marvel Studios’ films. That’s because the chief architect of the Marvel Cinematic Universe himself, Kevin Feige, will reportedly be overseeing the project alongside Reynolds and his team. Expect more meta-humor and self-referential jokes, a handful of which will almost assuredly poke fun at what’s transpired thus far in MCU.
One of the biggest questions is whether Deadpool 3 will be R-rated like the previous films. The character’s vulgarity and violence pretty much demands it, but Disney and Feige seem invested in keeping their films PG-13.
- EVGA Introduces GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Graphics Cards (FTW3, XC)
- Wonder Woman 1984 Will Be the First HBO Max Feature to Be Streamed in 4K HDR
- MSI Announces NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Graphics Cards (GAMING X TRIO, VENTUS, and More)
- ASUS Enables Resizable BAR Support on Z490 Motherboards, Bringing AMD’s Smart Access Memory Benefits to an Intel Platform
- DOOM Eternal Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC on December 3