It could be a rough week for Cyberpunk 2077 fans who are actively attempting to avoid story spoilers. Various users on social media (via Video Games Chronicle) have begun sharing photos of their expensive Collector’s Editions, which were shipped early from Best Buy despite having a giant sticker (in yellow, ironically) that reads “DO NOT SELL BEFORE DECEMBER 10, 2020” on the box.
We have no idea how this sort of thing happens, but an epic thread on r/cyberpunkgame suggests that quite a few people managed to score a copy early. That would include popular Twitch streamer Cohh Carnage, who showed off his sealed PlayStation 4 copy in a tweet. Another user confirmed that Best Buy is behind the screw-up by posting his tracking information from the retailer’s website.
CD PROJEKT RED appears to be aware of the broken street date, as it sent out a tweet earlier today about the possibility of Cyberpunk 2077 reaching gamers early. The company has respectfully asked gamers not to stream or release any content from the game before its official release date.
“[…] we kindly ask you NOT TO stream/let’s play, or release any similar content before December 9th, 12PM CET / 3 AM PST,” the company warned. “We will send MAX-TAC (you know, the guys who take down videos) after everyone who does. After that date, however, we would love if you’d streamed everything like there’s no tomorrow.”
- Corsair Launches New Vengeance RGB PRO SL Memory
- Christopher Nolan Reportedly Cutting Ties with Warner Bros. over HBO Max Drama
- Capcom Announces Resident Evil Re:Verse, a Cel-Shaded Online Multiplayer Game
- Resident Evil Village Launching May 7 on Steam, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Last-Gen Consoles
- NVIDIA Appears to Have Dropped Its Max-P and Max-Q Branding for GeForce RTX 30 Series Mobile GPUs