Blizzard has published a blog post notifying Battle.net users that a revamped version of its games launcher is just around the corner. The latest edition, which represents the app’s “biggest front-end upgrade” in years, features not only a visual overhaul but various usability improvements such as a revised layout and notifications hub. Those of you who want to upgrade to the latest version of Battle.net can do so now by joining the beta (Settings > Beta), but for everyone else, here’s what to expect when it begins going out in the weeks ahead.
- Improved navigation and layout—you can now favorite your games and arrange them for ease of access
- A much more expansive layout for news and game content in full-page view
- A revamped social pane so you can better see your friends and what they’re up to on each game tab
- Major accessibility improvements—we’ve added the ability to navigate most of the app with your keyboard, increased our screen reader support, and improved the color contrast
- A new, consolidated notifications hub for messages and download status
“This is just the beginning of new features coming to Battle.net; we’ll keep iterating, improving, and adding to the app over time,” Blizzard wrote. “We’d love to hear your feedback once you’ve spent some time with the new app, and you can share your thoughts on the forums.”