AMD has released Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1. The latest driver improves the performance of Bloober Team’s recently released psychological horror game, The Medium, by up to 9 percent at the 4K High setting on Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics cards vs. the previous driver (21.1.1). The driver also fixes a variety of issues, such as crashing in Metro Exodus when DirectX Raytracing is enabled and screen flicker when using MSI Afterburner.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 Highlights
- Up to 9% increase in performance in The Medium @ 4K High settings, with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 on the 16GB Radeon RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.1.1. RS-351
- Display flicker or corruption may be experienced when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate.
- Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
- Radeon recording and streaming features may fail to enable on AMD Radeon HD 7800 series graphics products.
- Some models may fail to render or may render incorrectly when using SketchUp on Radeon RDNA graphics products.
- Some Samsung CRG9 series displays may experience a black screen when waking from sleep.
- Metro Exodus may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX Raytracing enabled.
- Video playback on secondary displays may experience stutter while playing Doom Eternal on the primary display.
- Hitman 3 may experience an application crash in the Apex Predator mission on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable in Forza Horizon 4.
- AMD is currently investigating end user reports that Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization, even when a system is at idle. Users who are experiencing this issue are encouraged to file a bug report in Radeon Software.
- Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- RS-351. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of Jan 28, 2021 on the 16GB Radeon RX 6800XT, using a test system comprising of AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU (3.7 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, and Windows 10×64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 versus the previous driver edition 21.1.1 on The Medium @ 4k High settings. Performance may vary.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 Driver for Windows 10 64-bit
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 Driver for Windows 7 64-bit