NVIDIA has released its GeForce Game Ready 461.72 WHQL driver. The driver adds support for green team’s latest Ampere graphics card, the GeForce RTX 3060, which launched today, as well as support for the Outriders demo and NVIDIA DLSS in Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. NVIDIA’s GeForce Game Ready 461.72 WHQL driver also includes support for NVIDIA Reflex in Ubisoft’s popular online tactical shooter, Rainbow Six Siege.
“GeForce RTX 3060, the newest member of the GeForce RTX 30 Series family, is out now,” NVIDIA wrote. “Featuring 10x the ray tracing performance of the GeForce GTX 1060, and double the rasterized performance, the new GeForce RTX 3060 offers previous-gen gamers a massive upgrade that’ll get them playing the latest and greatest games with fast frame rates, high fidelity graphics, and game-changing features like ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex, and Resizable BAR.”
“Outriders, from Square Enix and People Can Fly, is a hotly tipped single-player and co-op sci-fi RPG shooter. Ahead of the game’s official April 1st release, you can download and play a meaty demo that is available today from the official Outriders website.”
NVIDIA also pointed out that it has added GeForce Experience’s one-click optimal settings to over 20 titles in the past month. These include some of the latest releases, such as IO Interactive’s stealth blockbuster Hitman 3 and indie horror sequel Little Nightmares II.
- 9 Monkeys of Shaolin
- Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy
- CRSED F.O.A.D.
- DRAGON QUEST XI S Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition
- Dyson Sphere Program
- Firefighting Simulator – The Squad
- Heroes of the Three Kingdoms 8
- Hitman III
- Home Behind 2
- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition
- Leaf Blower Revolution
- Lineage Remastered
- Little Nightmares II
- Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition
- Port Royale 4
- Skul: The Hero Slayer
- Spelunky 2
- Tale of Immortal
- The Medium
- The Riftbreaker
- Yakuza 3 Remastered
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 461.72
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [G-SYNC][Edge of Eternity/Hitman 2]: The games experience stutter and low FPS when using hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windowed mode. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. 
- [The Isle]: Freestyle is not supported for the game. 
- [Vindictus][GeForce Experience]: The game cannot be recorded. 
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The application crashes when launched on Windows 10 (Version 1803). 
- Wallpaper Engine app may crash on startup or upon resume from sleep. 
- [Blu-ray][HDMI]: Flickering occurs in Blu-ray playback when played over HDMI. 
- Several desktop applications flicker when Vertical Sync is set to the default “Use the 3D application setting”. 
- [Ampere]: Chrome/Edge may experience random TDR while browsing.
- LG CX OLED TVs (2020) are not recognized as G-SYNC Compatible displays.
- [Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may display “no signal” message when enabling NVIDIA Surround. 
- [Notebook]: On some Notebooks, the ‘Maximum Graphics Power’ information missing in the NVIDIA Control Panel > System Information page. 
Open Issues in Version 461.72 WHQL
Windows 10 Issues
- Some desktop applications may flicker or stutter when resizing the window on some PC configurations . See the NVIDIA KBA 5157 for a possible workaround.
- [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Advanced Optimus]: The game may crash while launching. 
- [GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER]: Random flickering may appear across the top of the monitor on some PC configurations. 
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game 
- [Supreme Commander/Supreme Commander 2]: The games experience low FPS. 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background.  [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay.