AMD has announced what it is calling the world’s best mobile processors for premium business laptops: the Ryzen PRO 5000 Mobile Series. Red team confirmed the specifications of its new Zen 3-based family in a press release published today, which outlined the differences between the three Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U (8C/16T), Ryzen 5 PRO 5650U (6C/12T), and Ryzen 3 PRO 5450U (4C/8T) SKUs. The Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U is said to offer up to 57 percent more multi-threaded performance and up to 23 percent faster performance for home and office productivity than the competition.
AMD’s new Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors also differentiate themselves from the standard lineup with strengthened multi-layer enterprise-class security features. These include Shadow Stack, Memory Guard, and a Secure Processor integrated on-chip to protect sensitive data.
“Navigating an increasingly distributed work environment requires more performance and security from our professional laptops,” said Saeid Moshkelani, senior vice president and general manager, Client Business Unit, AMD. “Businesses need to be confident they are investing in technology that will meet the needs of their employees, whether they are working remotely or from the office.”
“The new AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors significantly increase the capabilities of ultrathin enterprise notebooks and deliver best-in-class user experiences with leadership performance, exceptional battery life and robust security features for every work environment.”
AMD’s new Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors will debut in select HP and Lenovo laptops, the first of which are slated for release in Q2. Red team also noted that the number of AMD-powered enterprise notebooks is expected to triple by the end of 2021.
- Leading performance for top-level productivity and collaboration
- The AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor, with 8 cores and 16 threads, delivers leadership CPU performance, offering up to 57% more multi-threaded performance than the competition.
- AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor is designed for the increased demand in productivity, offering up to 23% faster performance for home and office productivity than the competition.
- Enhanced power efficiency
- Built for all-day battery life and productivity, along with the optimized 7nm “Zen 3” core architecture, the AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor offers up to 17.5 hours of battery life.
- Modern AMD PRO Technologies
- AMD PRO security provides a multi-layered approach to security features by embedding defenses at every level, from silicon through operating system. AMD Memory Guard, exclusive to AMD Ryzen PRO processors and automatically enabled on Microsoft Secured-Core PCs, helps enable data and identity protection, while AMD Shadow Stack helps provide hardware enabled protection against malware attacks.
- AMD PRO manageability enables a full manageability feature set for simplified deployment, imaging and management that is compatible with modern IT infrastructures. AMD Ryzen PRO processors offer full support for Microsoft Endpoint Manager to deliver a flexible and integrated cloud management solution.
- AMD PRO business ready technologies bring enterprise-grade computing solutions designed for quality and reliability, in addition to platform longevity. AMD Ryzen PRO processors feature 18-months of planned software stability and 24-months of planned availability.
|Model||Cores/Threads||Boost/Base Frequency (GHz)||Cache (MB)||TDP (Watts)||Architecture|
|AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U||8C/16T||Up to 4.4 / 1.9 GHz||20 MB||15W||“Zen 3”|
|AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650U||6C/12T||Up to 4.2 / 2.3 GHz||19 MB||15W||“Zen 3”|
|AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 5450U||4C/8T||Up to 4.0/ 2.6 GHz||10 MB||15W||“Zen 3”|