NVIDIA has released its GeForce Game Ready 466.63 WHQL driver. The latest driver adds support for green team’s new flagship GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card, the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, which hit shelves today in what appears to be extremely limited quantities. NVIDIA’s GeForce Game Ready 466.63 driver also includes day-one support for Chivalry 2 and Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2, as well as DLSS in No Man’s Sky and Reflex in Escape From Tarkov and War Thunder. Users will also find five new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Settings profiles.
New Games Supported By GeForce Experience’s Optimal Settings
- Aim Lab
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time
- Everspace 2
- Redout: Space Assault
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 466.63
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [VR]: If the GPU is connected to a 4K UHD TV, the system may freeze when launching a VR game. 
- [RTX 20 series][GTX 16/10 series][HDMI]: 4K @ 120Hz display mode is not available from display settings. 
Open Issues in Version 466.63 WHQL
Windows 10 Issues
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: Colors may appear incorrect in games if sharpen Freestyle filter is used with HDR enabled.  This issue will be resolved in the next NVIDIA driver release.
- [HDR]: Some specific HDMI displays might show some flickering in HDR mode.  If you experiencing flickering issues, reboot the system.
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- Display may flicker or lose signal when launching a game on an adaptive-sync VRR monitor in multi-monitor configuration when sharing the same display mode 
You can download the new GeForce Game Ready 466.63 WHQL driver through GeForce Experience. If you experience any technical issues with the new Game Ready drivers please post a detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you. And if you’re looking for a full list of fixes in this driver, for previously-reported issues, head here.