Team NINJA has released the first PC patch for its recently released collection of Ninja Gaiden games, Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection. As expected, patch 1.0.01 addresses some of the shortcomings that reviewers have bashed Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection for at launch, such as the inability to play the game in 1440p. That resolution has now been added to the launch options, in addition to other welcome changes such as being able to toggle between fullscreen and windowed modes by hitting Alt + Enter. Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection players can even end the game now from the pause menu. Graphics options will be added in a future update.
- Added the screen resolution 1440p to LAUNCH OPTIONS.
When 1440p is specified in LAUNCH OPTIONS, the rendering resolution is 2560 x 1440.
- On the first startup, the game now enters Fullscreen Mode.
- Pressing Alt + Enter now switches between Fullscreen Mode and Windowed Mode.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when in Fullscreen Mode.
- When in Windowed Mode, closing the window now ends the app.
- The game now saves whether you used Windowed or Fullscreen mode, and enters the mode on the next startup.
- The app can now be ended from the pause menu.
- Other minor issues were corrected.
The nostalgic yet timeless action of the three games offers a highly responsive and challenging experience – with battles that require defensive and offensive moves similar to fighting games. Players can enjoy playing as the fan-favorite ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, alongside the additional characters such as Ayane, Rachel, Momiji and Kasumi as they appeared in the original version of the games. Master your favorite characters in intense action-packed battles like only the NINJA GAIDEN series can deliver.