Neon Giant has released a new patch for the Steam version of its excellent action-shooter RPG and Cyberpunk 2077 alternative, The Ascent.
The patch introduces a number of welcome improvements to the top-down shooter’s performance and stability. They include reductions to stuttering and hitching in both DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 versions of the game (Neon Giant has promised that future patches will minimize these problems to an even greater degree), as well as a number of crash fixes for single player and co-op.
Players will also see a number of changes related to The Ascent’s gameplay, achievements, and translation. Multiple minor collision issues have been fixed, too.
The Windows 10 Store and Xbox versions of The Ascent will receive this patch at a later date, as it’s still going through the deployment process for these respective platforms.
The Ascent: Patch 2 Notes
Performance (PC Steam & Win10)
- DX12 is now the default for Windows Store Players.
- DX11 is now supported for Windows Store.
- Improvements made to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12, more work will continue here for future updates.
- Ray Tracing is set to default ‘off’ on all platforms
- Improved Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices, more work will continue here for future updates
Stability (all platforms)
- Fixed a number of crashes in Single Player and Coop
- Save Progress (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where Weapon Skins could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Character Shirts could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Gear could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Clients items could be unequipped when a Host disconnects inside a tier elevator
- Fixed an issue where Clients could lose their save progress when fast travelling in certain circumstances
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Fixed the issue where sometimes a FullChrome wouldn’t spawn in ‘Mutual Dependencies’ (Mission 2)
- Fixed an issue where ‘Sell All Duplicates’ worked incorrectly
- Changed the frequency of Kira lines when civilians are killed (will now trigger less often)
Achievements (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Added Extras’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Aficionado’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Helping Hand’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Win’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Fair Trade’
Translation (all platforms)
- Minor bug fixes in other languages
- Please note that we are still working on improving the quality of the translation in all languages
Other Fixes (all platforms)
- Multiple reported minor collision issues have been fixed
The Ascent is a solo and co-op Action-shooter RPG set in a cyberpunk world. The mega corporation that owns you and everyone, The Ascent Group, has just collapsed. Can you survive without it?