NVIDIA released its new GeForce Game Ready 471.96 driver today. The driver does not appear to include any new game support, but it does include support for 6 new G-SYNC Compatible gaming displays, as well as the addition of new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Setting profiles for 24 games. They include recent releases such as Aliens: Fireteam Elite, Quake Remastered, and Psychonauts 2.
New Games Supported By GeForce Experience’s Optimal Settings
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite
- Bless Unleashed
- Blood of Heroes
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021
- Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
- Draw & Guess
- Faraday Protocol
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy III
- Ghost Hunters Corp
- Golf With Your Friends
- King’s Bounty II
- Madden NFL 22
- Mini Motorways
- Psychonauts 2
- Quake Remastered
- SAMURAI WARRIORS 5
- The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- The Walking Dead: Onslaught
- Yakuza 4 Remastered
- Yakuza 5 Remastered
Support For Newly Validated G-SYNC Compatible Displays
|MANUFACTURER||MODEL||HDR||SIZE||LCD Type||Resolution||VRR Range|
|EVE Spectrum||ES07D03||Yes||27||IPS||3840×2160 (4K)||48-144Hz|
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 471.96
Fixed Issues in this Release
- DPC latency is higher when color mode is set to 8-bit color compared to 10-bit color. 
- Unable to detect supported display modes for the Samsung Odyssey G9 display 
- Blue-screen crash/reboot loop occurs when two Samsung Odyssey G9 displays @ 240Hz are connected. 
- NVDisplay.Container.exe constantly writes data to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\Corporation\nvtopps\nvtopps.db3. 
- [Windows 11][Notebook]: With the graphics mode set to Hybrid, the GPU frequently wakes up while idle. 
- [CUDA][Turing/Volta GPUs]: Stability issues with Topaz Denoise AI. 
Open Issues in Version 471.96 WHQL
Windows 10 Issues
- [Deathloop][HDR]:TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After overinstalling the driver using express install when GPU scaling is enabled, the 0.59x upscaling factor is missing from the NVIDIA Control Panel scaling resolution list (Display Change Resolution page). To work around, disable and then re-enable GPU scaling. Alternatively, perform a clean driver installation.
- [Battlefield V][DirectX 12]: The game may crash with HDR enabled.  To work around, enable HDR from the Windows display settings before launching the game.
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 may display graphical artifacts. 
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. 
If you experience any technical issues with the new Game Ready drivers please post a detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you. And if you’re looking for a full list of fixes in this driver, for previously-reported issues, head here.