AMD has released its Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 driver. The latest driver includes support for Blizzard’s highly anticipated Diablo II remaster, Diablo II: Resurrected (September 23), as well as World War Z: Aftermath (out today) and Amazon Game Studio’s MMORPG New World (September 28). AMD says that Radeon RX 6700 XT users can expect up to 13 percent better performance in Diablo II: Resurrected at 4K in the Very High setting with the latest driver versus Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1.
AMD’s Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 installation package can be downloaded here.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 Highlights
- World War Z: Aftermath
- Diablo II: Resurrected
- Up to 13% increase in performance in Diablo II: Resurrected @ 4K Very High settings, using Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 on the 12GB Radeon RX 6700XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.9.1.RS-403
- New World
- In Radeon Software, the CPU Additional Metrics section within the Performance tab may be missing for some users.
- Some users may receive a compatibility error message when they attempt to load a previously saved tuning profile.
- While playing Hitman 3 on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6800 XT, users may experience an issue where water along the shores becomes missing.
- The Auto Overclock feature for CPU in Radeon Software may be missing for some users with an AMD Ryzen 5000 series processor and AMD Radeon 6000 series graphics card.
- Open Broadcaster Software may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics.
- AMD Radeon Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
- AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
- RS-403 – Testing conducted by AMD as of September 17, 2021, on a test system comprised of a Ryzen 7 5800X CPU, 16GB DDR4, Radeon RX 6700 XT GPU, and Windows Pro, with Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 and 21.9.1 on Diablo II: Resurrected. Game tested with very high preset at 4K. Performance may vary.