Qualcomm has tapped Razer to develop a new gaming handheld to showcase its new Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 Gaming Platform, a purpose-built platform that leverages the company’s Snapdragon G3x chip for high-performance gaming and other media experiences on Android OS. Featuring an elongated design, the handheld appears to be heavily inspired by the Xbox One controller and comes with a 6.65-inch 120 Hz OLED display and other modern technologies such as Wi-Fi 6E. It is available exclusively beginning today for developers.
Qualcomm on its Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 Gaming Platform:
The platform delivers cutting-edge performance to run all Android games, play content from cloud gaming libraries, stream games from your home console or PC, and enjoy entertainment from your favorite Android apps. Amassing the entire arsenal of Snapdragon Elite Gaming technologies together to create a premium category of dedicated consumer gaming products, the platform is designed to power incredible experiences for gamers on-the-go.
Specifications and features, per Qualcomm’s press release:
- Display: 6.65-inch OLED display with Full HD+ resolution and 10-bit HDR: Operating at up to 120hz, the OLED dazzles with over a billion shades of colors.
- Performance: Provides outstanding sustained performance enabling long-lasting game play on the most demanding titles.
- The Ultimate Streaming Tool: A 5MP/1080p60 webcam with two mics that players can use to capture themselves playing and stream games to their audiences as the ultimate broadcasting tool.
- Connectivity: 5G mmWave and sub-6 and Wi-Fi 6E for the fastest connectivity for low latency, ultra-fast uploads and downloads, and the most reliable connection.
- Ergonomics: Well balanced and easy to grip controls, for comfortable gameplay over an extended period. The developer kit also has built-in controller mapping from AKSys to provide precise touch to controller mapping technology to enable use of the built-in controllers across a wide array of games.
- Snapdragon Sound: On device 4-way speakers provide fantastic audio and when paired with Snapdragon Sound enabled earbuds, gamers can experience lag-free wireless audio.
“Razer is extremely excited to partner with Qualcomm Technologies and support them on their way to introduce new cutting-edge technology to the global gaming industry,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and chief executive officer. “Together, Qualcomm Technologies and Razer will lead the way with new and innovative solutions that push the boundaries of fidelity and quality available in portable gaming, transforming the way these games are experienced.”