When Elon Musk lifted the veil on the Cybertruck in 2019, the futuristic all-electric truck was also accompanied by the reveal of a separate vehicle, the Tesla Cyberquad, an electric quad ATV. It’s unclear when that will enter production, but Tesla has launched what might be the next best thing: the Cyberquad for Kids, a miniaturized version for smaller humans. It costs $1,900 and will begin shipping in two to four weeks.
From the Tesla Shop:
Get ready for any adventure with the all-electric Cyberquad for Kids. Inspired by our iconic Cybertruck design, the four-wheel ATV features a full steel frame, cushioned seat and adjustable suspension with rear disk braking and LED light bars. Powered by a lithium-ion battery with up to 15 miles of range and a configurable top speed of 10 mph, Cyberquad for Kids is suitable for anyone 8-years old and up. […]
A FAQ on Tesla’s support page can confirm some of the key specifications of the vehicle:
- Shipping dimensions: 47 x 26 x 27
- Weight: 122 lbs.
- Maximum capacity: 150 lbs.
- Recommended minimum age: 8 years and up
- Maximum speeds: 5 mph (setting 1), 10 mph (setting 2), 5 mph only (reverse)
- Battery range: 15+ miles, depending on user’s weight, terrain, and speed
- Battery charging time: 5 hours to completely charge