Details for Star Wars Eclipse continue to leak online. Previously, Tom Henderson explained how the developers are facing challenges on multiple fronts in getting the game off the ground. Founder, writer, and director at Quantic Dream, David Cage, will be directly involved with it.
So happy to finally reveal Star Wars Eclipse! A mix of action, branching narrative & multiple playable characters in the most ambitious game ever imagined by @quantic_dream.— David Cage (@David__Cage) December 10, 2021
Having the chance to contribute to this amazing franchise is a dream come true. Lots more to come. https://t.co/VRynwsg3GC
Another insider, AccNGT, who leaked the first screenshot from the game prior to The Game Awards reveal, has come forward with more details. Some were already reported by Henderson, but it will be a non-linear, open-world game featuring traditional combat elements. It is also said to be inspired by The Last of Us with an interactive story-telling style.
• It is an action-adventure game
• It will feature interactive story-telling
• The game is inspired by The Last of Us
• It will be open world
• It will feature some multiplayer (competitive)
• It is being described as an ambitious and original project
• The action gameplay is described as being traditional
• The story will be non-linear
• It will feature more playable characters than any other Quantic Dreams game
• The development started more than a year and a half ago
• They are using their in-house engine for it
• Quantic Dream Montreal and Paris both are involved
Quantic Dream and Lucasfilm Games have launched an official site for the game. Stills from the trailer have already been posted, including the leaked screen cap. The stills show many aspects of its expansive looking scope. Fans of the movies will, no doubt, notice stylings from all three trilogies being used. Many have responded positively on social media.
Star Wars gaming is back— swshriv 🇵🇦 | Mysterio (@swshriv) December 10, 2021