Canceling Netflix has become an even easier decision for Marvel fans who have already grown tired of the streaming service and its increased pricing schemes. As discovered by What’s on Netflix, all of the streamer’s Marvel shows, which include major series such as Daredevil and Jessica Jones, are being removed from the streamer on March 1 due to their rights reverting back to Disney. This can be confirmed by removal notices that appear when users first watch the following shows on a profile:
- Daredevil (Seasons 1-3)
- Jessica Jones (Seasons 1-3)
- Luke Cage (Seasons 1-2)
- Iron Fist (Seasons 1-2)
- The Defenders (Limited Series)
- The Punisher (Seasons 1-2)
Marvel’s ‘The Defenders’ Shows Leaving Netflix on March 1st (What’s on Netflix)
- Netflix has confirmed to us that the series will be departing Netflix on March 1st and that the rights have reverted back to Disney.
- The removal of this content represents over 160 episodes across a four-year span of releases. Daredevil season 1 first premiered on Netflix in April 2015.
- By February 2019, every single show from Marvel onto Netflix was canceled with Jessica Jones season 3 being the final title to come from the partnership in June 2019.
- Why these titles are being removed on March 1st, 2022 specifically is unknown.