Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons was released for PC on February 28. The third expansion for the immensely popular MMORPG is set in the continent of Cantha and features new maps, characters, and more.
For as long as memory serves, Tyria has been locked in the Dragon Cycle, with every iteration of awakening, consumption, and slumber seeming as fixed an occurrence as the movement between night and day. But now five Elder Dragons are dead—felled by the hand of the commander and their allies—and with each death, the powerful magics once stabilized by their existence have been released. Some of this has passed to Aurene, but the rest has vanished to parts unknown. Where has it gone, and what does it mean for Tyria for these fundamental forces to be increasingly destabilized? It seems our answers lie in a long-shuttered corner of the world: Cantha.
No longer the war-torn nation of the history books, Cantha has exploded into a metropolis of innovation, fueled by powerful jade technologies. But such rapid expansion must surely come at a cost. What were the Canthans willing to pay? And what does it have to do with the secrets lying beneath the Unending Ocean? The commander and their allies must race against a ticking clock to untangle the mysteries of Cantha, lest the foretold conclusion of the Dragon Cycle bring about the end of Tyria as we know it.
• Four new, distinct open world maps full of Guild Wars 2’s signature public events that showcase the various cultures and settings of Cantha while vastly expanding the world
• A new cast of NPC characters that will join players on their quest, featuring voice talent like Erika Ishii, Noshir Dalal, Ry Chase, Rina Hoshino, Kelly Hu, Tina Huang, and Sarah Sokolovic
• The debut of the game’s first multiplayer mount, the siege turtle. Part mobile artillery platform and part all-terrain vehicle, this walking war machine can host two riders and brings co-op gameplay to Guild Wars 2’s renowned and acclaimed selection of game-changing mounted beasts.
• New personal watercraft called skiffs that serve as a mobile ferry for friends and guildmates, allowing groups of players to partake in fishing, a new activity that gives new opportunities for cooking, and big rewards for those committed to seeking out the rarest aquatic fauna
• Nine new elite specializations, one for each of Guild Wars 2’s character professions, providing new ways to play even maximum level characters, presenting new gameplay mechanics to master, and multiplying the possibilities for character builds.
• Jade Bots, erstwhile companions that bring utility to Guild Wars 2’s philosophy of horizontal progression. These versatile helpers can give your mounts a boost, enable new ways to traverse the game world, and provide a pick-me-up in the heat of battle. Players can customize the parts of their Jade Bots for a wide variety of different effects.
• A new selection of Strike Missions, challenging boss encounters that can be tackled with a squad of up to 10 players and give the most daring and skilled heroes an opportunity at valuable loot.
Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons is available in three editions.
“Explore the beautiful Canthan continent, travel and fish with your friends in your own personal skiff, unlock nine new elite specializations, and more!”
- Max Level Boost
- Share Inventory Slot
The Deluxe Edition ($54.99)
“The Deluxe edition includes a boatload of items, including skins for your personal skiff and raptor mount.”
- Max Level Boost
- Shing Jea Dragon Boat Skiff Skin
- Identity Repair Kit
- Share Inventory Slot
- Additional Character Slot
- Canthan Raptor Skin
Ultimate Edition (79.99)
“You’ll receive all the items included in the Deluxe Edition, along with a trove of 4,000 gems to spend on upgrades, cosmetic items, and gold for the ultimate experience.”
Limited Edition Collector’s cups
For a limited time, fans can get an End of Dragons collector’s cup by purchasing a large beverage from participating Carl’s Jr. or Hardee’s locations in the U.S. The promotion runs from March 2–29.
The full release notes for Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons can be found here.