GOG is currently offering free copies of Beautiful Desolation, a 2D isometric adventure game from the developers at The Brotherhood. Users of the DRM-free storefront have until Monday, June 20, to claim a free copy of the Kickstarter-funded game, which is set in a post-apocalyptic future and centers on Mark, a “man out of time” who encounters new friends and makes powerful enemies in his journey to find his lost brother. A deluxe version of the game that includes a poster, wallpapers, an artbook, and a soundtrack in MP3 format is also available at a discount for $9.17 as part of GOG’s summer sale, which runs until June 27.
- A story-driven adventure set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic future.
- A unique aesthetic and 2D isometric rendered and painted environments.
- Simple Point & Click interaction with deep puzzles.
- Classic puzzles and adventure gameplay.
- Bizarre creatures, animals and vibrant characters await.
- Thousands of lines of dialogue with multiple conversation paths.
- Tomes of lore and a world, unlike anything you have seen before.
- Over 40 Unique Characters to meet.
Mark, a man out of time, searches for his lost brother Don, in a far-flung futuristic era ruled by highly advanced technologies which are both revered and reviled. Your surroundings hold echoes of a desolate past, and glimpses of a dark future that has yet to be written by your actions. Be prepared to face many tough choices that will shape this land long after you complete your journey.
The inhabitants of this world will help and hinder you, as you make new discoveries and navigate the spectacular African-inspired landscape. Negotiate your passage with local leaders, healers and warriors, or find yourself embroiled in a battle against nanite swarms, enormous scorpions and rocket-equipped robots.
From thriving villages to crumbling cities, petrified forests and bone-dry ocean beds, this strange new world holds a multitude of terrains to uncover, beautifully rendered in 2D isometric art.