Shiro Games has launched its multiplayer update for Dune: Spice Wars, allowing fans of the 4X real-time strategy game based on Frank Herbert’s epic sci-fi novel to band together with a group of friends and step into the sand-filled boots of Atreides, Harkonnen, Fremen, or Smugglers in 2v2 matches or competitive free-for-alls of up to four players. Initially announced during this month’s PC Gaming Show, Dune fans will also find completely reworked development trees for improved synergy between the four factions in the new update, including new political resolutions, events, regions, and other improvements that Shiro has detailed in its patch notes published today. Dune: Spice Wars released on April 26, 2022 as an Early Access game and is available at a 20% discount ($23.99) on Steam until June 23. Director Denis Villeneuve confirmed earlier this year that Warner Bros. has green lighted a sequel to his 2021 Dune adaptation, which is slated for release in October next year.
- Multiplayer (Dedicated Servers & Peer to Peer)
- New regions
- New resolutions
- New events
- New Underworld Headquarter buildings
- New buildings illustrations
- Confirmation before attacking a Sietch
- Balance & Tweaks of almost everything
- Rework of Harkonnen units
- Rework of the Wreckers
- Rework of the militia aggro system
- Improved AIs
- Faction limit for Fremen Sietches’ buildings
- Charters can now have flexible eligibility during deciding and voting phases
- Eliminated factions during decide and voting phase now properly get removed
- Removed spice freighters
Spice is the most valuable resource in the universe. The spice extends life, expands consciousness, and makes interstellar travel possible. Found only on Arrakis, it is sought by the most influential forces in the universe. Play as one of several factions, including House Atreides, House Harkonnen, the Smugglers, and the native Fremen, and compete for power over Dune and the spice.
Scan the landscape for wormsign or risk losing your troops and spice harvesters to titanic sandworms who will burst through the dunes to swallow and devour them whole. Crush your opponents in combat, best them through political intrigue, and undermine them with your network of illusive spies.
Source: Shiro Games