SilverStone has listed the ECS07, a new expansion solution for enthusiasts who are seeking an unconventional way of adding more SATA ports to a system.
The ECS07 is a non-RAID M.2 PCIe storage expansion card that effectively turns a single M.2 PCIe NVMe slot into five SATA Gen3 6 Gbps ports. It measures 0.97″ (W) x 0.41″ (H) x 3.17″ (D), is plug and play, and comes coupled with an aluminum alloy heat sink for lower temperatures.
- Supports five SATA Gen 3 6 Gbps ports
- Aluminum alloy heatsink for great stability and heat dissipation
- M.2 PCIe (NVMe) interface
- Supports device sleep power management
- Plug and play with no additional driver necessary
- Supports SATA plug-in detection
- Complies with SATA specification revision 3.2
- Controller IC: JMicron JMB585
- Host interface: M.2 PCIe Gen 3×2
- HDD support: SATA
- SATA ports: 5
- SATA port bandwidth: 6 Gbps
- PCI-E bandwidth: Up to 16 GT/s
Silverstone hasn’t confirmed how much the ECS07 will cost yet, or when it’ll be available.