NVIDIA has released a new hotfix driver for GeForce users that addresses issues in some of today’s hottest games.
Based on the company’s latest Game Ready Driver (516.59), NVIDIA’s new GeForce hotfix display driver 516.79 attends to Apex Legends, Overwatch, Dungeons 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Destiny 2, and Halo Infinite, as detailed on a support page. The fixes range from crashing to freezing, with some games gaining increased stability after applying the driver hotfix.
- [Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability 
- [Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match 
- [Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers 
- [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay. 
- [Halo Infinite] Increased stability during gameplay 
A direct link to the new GeForce hotfix display driver for Windows 10 and Windows 11 64-bit systems can be found here.
NVIDIA’s GeForce Game Ready 516.59 WHQL driver was released on June 28. It added support for the new GeForce GTX 1630 graphics card, as well as three new games: F1 22, Loopmancer, and Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. Users will also find five new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Settings profiles.