CD PROJEKT RED announced its new Phantom Liberty expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 yesterday, and while that won’t be released until next year, the developer has already warned fans not to expect another one.
- “As for the future, Phantom Liberty is the only planned expansion for Cyberpunk 2077,” reads a message that CD PROJEKT RED posted to the teaser’s comments section on YouTube.
- The message was sent in response to a fan who thinks Cyberpunk 2077 “has a lot of potential” and hopes to see more expansions in the future, although it doesn’t look like they will be getting their wish.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, in contrast, features two expansions in the form of Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine.
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty will be released on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Google Stadia in 2023.
- The expansion will not be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
From an XGP report:
It cannot be denied that this is quite unpleasant and, at the same time, a bit surprising news, because, as the commentator rightly noted, Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of potential and one could easily tell a few more stories in this universe. On the other hand, it is worth hoping that the CD Projekt RED employee dealing with the game profile on YouTube has not entirely up-to-date information – it sounds unlikely, but similar situations have happened in the past.