EK has announced its new EK-Quantum Velocity² DDC 4.2 PWM D-RGB – 1700 Nickel + Plexi water block combo for Intel 12th Gen Core CPUs using LGA 1700 motherboards. This unique 4-in-1 combo water block is aimed at SFF or ITX builds where limited space creates challenges for larger pumps and/or reservoirs.
EK-Quantum Velocity² DDC 4.2 PWM D-RGB – 1700 Nickel + Plexi is a unique pump-reservoir-water block combo for Intel® 12th Gen Core CPUs and LGA 1700 socket-based motherboards. It features the latest EK-Quantum Velocity² cooling engine that is socket-specific. The CPU water block has an integrated genuine DDC 4.2 PWM pump, which is cooled by a metal part of the water block acting as a heatsink. It is the perfect companion for ITX (SFF) builds where space for a dedicated pump and reservoir is an issue. This product effectively combined 4 distinct products into a single small enclosure.
With this water block, you will not require a dedicated reservoir either, as it incorporates a small reservoir to ease the filling process, but also to ensure the water-lubricated DDC pump always has sufficient coolant not to run dry. It has two G1/4″ fill ports to account for both vertical and horizontal motherboard mounting and two sets of inlets and outlets.
EKWB has said that it chose the DDC 4.2 PWM pump over the D5, or DDC 3.2 due to its quiet motor, type of cabling, use of SATA power connector, and support of 32-bit communication. The coldplate is made with 99.99% pure electrolytic copper with the heat transfer being nickel plated while the middle portion is a CNC-machined glass-like acrylic material. The top of the block is nickel-plated brass. The combo block also features DRGB with 14 LEDs which is compatible with all major motherboards.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 94.5 x 60.7 x 94.5mm
- G1/4″ ports: 6 ports, of which two are dedicated fill ports.
- DRGB cable length: 50cm
- DRGB connector 3-pin 5V digital LED header (Pinout: +5V | Digital | Blocked | Ground)
- LED count: 14
- DDC pump 32-bit communication 4-pin cable length : 75cm
- DDC pump SATA power cable length: 50cm
- CPU socket compatibility: Intel LGA 1700
- Package contents: EK-Quantum Velocity² DDC 4.2 CPU Water Block + Pump Reservoir Combo, integrated DDC pump heatsink, the mounting mechanism for socket LGA 1700, thermal interface material
The EK-Quantum Velocity² DDC 4.2 PWM D-RGB – 1700 Nickel + Plexi is up for preorders and EKWB plans to begin shipping them in late October. The price is $339.90.