GIGABYTE has announced its X670E AORUS XTREME motherboard for the latest AMD AM5 socket supporting Ryzen 7000 series processors. The new motherboard supports PCIe 5.0 and USB-C 10 Gbps, Dual USB-C 20 Gbps, as well as GIGABYTE USB4 via upcoming add-in-card (AIC) support. The 8-layer PCB features a direct 18+2+2 digital VRM design for power delivery. GIGABYTE has incorporated a thermal design solution with Fins-Array III that uses nanocarbon coating, an 8mm “Mega” Heatpipe, a 12 W/mk thermal conductivity pad, an animated display on the aluminum I/O cover, and a nanocarbon backplate. Network connectivity also includes WiFi 6E, BT 5.3, and 10 Gbe LAN.
With the fast-moving technology changes, GIGABYTE always follows the latest trends and provides customers with advanced features and latest technologies. GIGABYTE motherboards are equipped with upgraded power solution, latest storage standards and outstanding connectivity to enable optimized performance for gaming.
- Compatible Processors: AMD Socket AM5 Ryzen 7000 Series Processors
- Power Delivery: Direct 18+2+2 Phases Digital VRM Solution
- Memory options: Dual Channel DDR 5 5200/4800/4400 MHz (4x SMD DIMMs with EXPO & XMP Memory Module Support) up to 128 GB
- Expansion Slots (CPU): 1 x PCIe x16 slot, supporting PCIe 5.0 x16-M2B_CPU and M2C_CPU slots share bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot and if M2B_CPU or M2C_CPU slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
- Expansion Slots (Chipset): 1 x PCIe x16 slot, supporting PCIe 4.0 x4, 1 x PCIe x16 slot, supporting PCIe 3.0 x2 (Support for AMD CrossFire™ technology (PCIEX16 and PCIEX4)
- Storage options (CPU): 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 25110/2280 PCIe 5.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_CPU), 3 x M.2 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 22110/2280 PCIe 5.0* x4/x2 SSD support (M2B_CPU/M2C_CPU/M2D_CPU)
- Storage options (Chipset): 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- Audio: DTS: X Ultra: ALC1220 CODEC, Rear ESS SABRE Hi-Fi 9118 DAC with Front ESSential USB DAC Bundled
- Network connectivity: Marvell AQtion AQC113C 10GbE LAN chip 10GbE, Intel Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax, and BT 5.3
- Display connectivity: Displayport 1.4, HDMI 2.0,
- USB (CPU): 1 x USB Type-C (rear), with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel, 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports on the back panel (via CPU and USB 2.0 hub)
- USB (Chipset): 2 x USB Type-C with USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 support (1 port on the back panel, 1 port available through the internal USB header), 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel, 4 x USB 3.2 Gen via internal USB headers, 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports via internal USB headers
- BIOS options: Q-Flash Plus allows BIOS update without installing the CPU, memory, and graphics card