The Resident Evil 4 remake will be released on March 24, 2023, for the PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam. Capcom shared the date during this evening’s Resident Evil Showcase, which not only included a new gameplay trailer demonstrating the graphical overhaul that Shinji Mikami’s 2005 classic has received, but a cinematic trailer that provides a closer look of Leon, Ashley, and other key characters from the survival horror game. Pre-orders for Resident Evil 4 and its Deluxe and Collector’s Editions will start today, according to Capcom.
New Resident Evil 4 details:
- Features new, state-of-the-art graphics, but pays respect to the original’s world
- Ganados have new attacks
- Leon has a new parry attack using his knife
- Original briefcase inventory system and Merchant is back
- The Merchant will now also accept rare gems for special items
Resident Evil 4 Deluxe Edition contents:
- Four bonus Leon costumes, two bonus Ashley costumes
- Hero and Villain costumes include visual filters
- Two deluxe weapons
- Treasure map that unlocks additional treasures
- Sunglasses (sporty) accessory
- Original version of RE4 soundtrack
Resident Evil 4 Collector’s Edition contents:
- Game + Steelbook
- Extra DLC pack product code (Deluxe Edition contents)
- Digital soundtrack
A description of Resident Evil 4 from the PlayStation Store:
Six years have passed since the biological disaster in Raccoon City. Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil 2), one of the survivors of the incident, has been recruited as an agent reporting directly to the president.
With the experience of multiple missions on his back, Leon is sent to rescue the kidnapped daughter of the president of the United States. He tracks her to a secluded European village, where there is something terribly wrong with the villagers. The curtain rises on a gruelling story of survival, horror and rescue.
Resident Evil 4 is a remake of the 2005 original Resident Evil 4, reimagined to deliver state-of-the-art survival horror in 2023. This new iteration preserves the essence of the original game, while introducing modernized gameplay, the latest graphics and a reimagined storyline, making this the latest survival horror game where life and death, terror and catharsis intersect.