Microsoft is planning to release PC Manager, a CCleaner-like optimization app for Windows 11 users, according to an official website for the program that is in Chinese but allows visitors to download a beta version of the app for testing. Screenshots shared online can confirm a handful of the app’s features, including the ability to clean up files with a single click and shortcuts to Microsoft Defender for virus scanning. PC Manager has reportedly been submitted to the Microsoft Store already, meaning that it could see a wide release soon.
Microsoft PC Manager (Public Beta) pic.twitter.com/dOQCOgXyGK— Aggiornamenti Lumia (@ALumia_Italia) October 21, 2022
From a Windows Latest report:
- Computer maintenance – clean up files, remove apps, etc with a single click. Remember CCleaner speed-up feature? The idea is similar, but it’s very basic and it won’t clean your registry.
- Manage startup apps – Disable startup apps with a single click to boost performance and startup time.
- Manage and view running processes, and take action using Task Manager.
- Manage your storage – recent files, temporary files, etc.
- Scan for viruses with Defender.
- Check for updates using Windows Update (Yes, this app is basically a hub of shortcuts to existing features).