Horizon Chase Turbo and King of Seas are currently free to claim as part of the Epic Games Store and GOG’s ongoing holiday promotions, which are slated to run until early January.
Horizon Chase Turbo, which can be claimed on the Epic Games Store until 12/17/22 at 11:00 a.m. (ET), is an arcade racing game with classic graphics from AQUIRIS, while King of Seas, an action RPG set in a procedurally generated pirate world by 3DClouds, is available from GOG until 12/19.
Horizon Chase Turbo
Horizon Chase Turbo is a racing game inspired by the great hits of the 80’s and 90’s. It recreates the classic arcade gameplay with unbound speed limits of fun. Full throttle on and enjoy!
- 4K resolution graphics
- Amazing old-style split-screen multiplayer up to 4 players
- Tons of content: 12 Cups, 48 Cities, 111 tracks, 33 Unlockable Cars and 12 Upgrades
- Challenge your friends in an Online Competitive Ghost Mode
- Make History by adding your name among Friends’ and Global Leaderboards
King of Seas
King of Seas is an Action Role playing game set in a deadly procedurally generated pirate world. In a ferocious plot you will fight to regain what has been taken away and embark on an epic adventure in a fantastic world, filled with battles, lost islands and treasures. A universe full of amazing characters and breathtaking missions will keep you anchored as you strive to become the king of all pirates.
- Story: A series of quests guide you on your journey and uncover the intriguing characters of the King of Seas world who will lead you to the next path of your epic adventure.
- Procedural Generation: Dive into a lush, procedurally generated world that constantly refreshes the exploration mechanics within each new game.
- Dynamic World: The world reacts to your every action, naval routes change and with each conquered settlement the difficulty adapts to constantly give you a more challenging time.
- Map: A thick fog will ensure travelling towards objectives is not plain sailing, after all wouldn’t you want to lose the joy of exploration !?
- Navigation system: Atmospheric effects influence gameplay. Sail during a storm at your own risk, escape the enemies and always remember to carefully watch the wind direction to stay in control during battles. The strategy starts here.
- Ship customization: Five types of highly customizable ships through an equipment and skill system, just as in any true role-playing game!
- Combat system: Not only cannon shots and nautical strategy but also speed and spectacle, thanks to a set of more than 20 skills to choose from and three branches of talents to suit any playstyle.
Horizon Chase Turbo marks the second title in Epic Games’ ongoing 15 Days of Free Games promotion, during which the store will be unwrapping a free game every day for the duration of its 2022 Holiday Sale, which runs until January 5 and features hundreds of discounts, including some games with up to 75% off.
GOG’s Winter Sale will run until January 2, featuring over 4,500 deals, with some up to 90% off.